Student Ambassador Program
Through our Student Ambassador Program, The Policy Project / Utah Period Project fosters service and community engagement in the rising generation and creates future leaders comfortable with the democratic process.
The Policy Project has a goal to help our next generation of youth, age 12-18:
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn about the democratic process
- Build community through service, and
- Articulate and discuss issues with people in authority
Hundreds of students are part of this state-wide (and beyond) effort that helped to get period products in Utah schools and will continue to engage in service and policy in the community, as our efforts develop.
The Policy Project/Period Project Student Ambassador Program Details
Each month a leadership task is sent to them through a monthly newsletter. Student Ambassadors who complete five leadership tasks throughout the year are qualified to receive the Leadership in Service and Policy Award.
Seniors who have received the Leadership in Service and Policy award are eligible to apply for the Utah Period Project scholarship.
- Every year Student Ambassadors can earn the Leadership in Policy and Service Award by completing five “Leadership Tasks” throughout the school year. Student Ambassadors can earn this award each year they participate in at least five Leadership Tasks. (A great achievement to list on college and job applications!)
- Each month of the school year we will be sending out a newsletter with a Leadership Task to be completed. During the summer, one or two optional Leadership Tasks will be sent. Student Ambassadors will choose the five Leadership Tasks that work for them, and once completed, they can be counted toward the Leadership in Policy and Service Award.
- Starting the 2022-2023 school year, we will be offering one senior the Utah Period Project Scholarship! You must be a recipient of the Utah Period Project Leadership in Policy and Service Award to qualify.
- Follow us on Instagram – @UtahPeriodProject and @ThePolicyProject We will be posting each month. We want to see you and share what you are doing in your school and community with the Utah Period Project so be sure to tag us when you post about the Utah Period Project.
For Current Ambassadors
Track your progress here:
You Can Help
Your monetary gift helps provide for public awareness campaigns, events, public education and government outreach.
You don’t need to be a policy expert to get involved. You just have to care about issues.
We help you help the cause.
Write your congresspeople (your Representative and Senators at a national level) and/or your legislators (your Representative and Senators at a state level) and let them know that you are concerned about these issues and that you hope they will support change.
Sign the petition to help encourage the legislature + congress to take note of this issue.
Join us! As we stand together.